5 nabbed for guns, drugs
Five suspects were arrested yesterday by the police for illegal possession of firearms and prohibited drugs in San Enrique town and in Silay City, Negros Occidental.
Four of them were arrested by policemen after a brief chase in Brgy. Batuan, San Enrique, because of complaints that they were threatening other customers of a videoke house with a gun in Brgy. Tabao.
Senior Insp. Hector Balbon, San Enrique police chief, yesterday said the arrest of the suspects, identified as Jun June Evangelio, 34; Remart Moscoso, 18; Joemarie Pura, 31; and Paul Noel Cagalawan, yielded a homemade 357 Magnum revolver.
Their arrest came after a certain Joseph Pacifico reported to the San Enrique Police Station that a group of persons were engaged in alarm and scandal, and allegedly threatening people with a gun, including brothers Cesar and Ronilo Bacolina, police investigations also showed.
The four fled on board a 125 Kawasaki motorcycle, but were later intercepted by the police in Brgy. Batuan, San Enrique.
The 357 revolver that was thrown away by Evangelio upon seeing the law enforcers, was recovered by the San Enrique police.
Balbon said the four are now detained at the San Enrique Police Station jail.
On the same day, a police team led by Senior Insp. Vanessa Gayle Dura- Sonoy, arrested a certain Rigor Capana, 18, during a buy-bust operation at the Dona Montserrat Lopez Memorial High School in Silay City.
Supt. Rosauro Francisco, Silay police chief, said the arrest of Capana of Brgy. E. Lopez, Silay City, yielded six sticks of suspected marijuana cigarets, P50 in marked money and another P250 in cash, believed to be proceeds from the sale of prohibited drugs.
A day earlier, a homemade 357 Magnum revolver, that had been recovered at a sugarcane field in Sitio Panaogao in Brgy. 4, Silay City, was also endorsed by PO3 Randie Zambra to the city police station.*GPB
The Bacolod City Police Office is now preparing for the Annual General Inspection Operational Readiness Security Inspection Test and Evaluation to be conducted this month.
City police director Senior Supt. Ricardo de la Paz said yesterday that inspectors from Camp Crame will again arrive in Bacolod to check their compliances, especially in the proper wearing of uniforms, and other policies of the Philippine National Police.
He said the inspectors will also look at their operational readiness to see if there are critical incidents, and whether they have a trained unit with sufficient equipment to respond to such cases.
De la Paz also said that during the exit briefing, AGI-ORSITE inspectors said BCPO showed improvements in several aspects.
However, he admitted that there are a lot of things they need to improve on to get a high grade from the evaluators.
There are police stations with dilapidated rest rooms and detention cells, and these could pull down the score of BCPO during the ORSITE.
BCPO had received a “poor” rating during the AGI-ORSITE in the fourth quarter of 2010.*APN
Bacolod cops arrest
3 more sex workers
Three more suspected commercial sex workers were rounded up by Station 1 policemen at the Bacolod City downtown area at about 11 p.m. Tuesday.
Chief Insp. Adonis Rosales, Station 1 commander, said the women, aged 23 and 29, whose names are being withheld by the DAILY STAR, are from Brgy. 16, 21, and Banago in Bacolod City.
Rosales said Police officers 3 Rene Labating and Police Officer 2 Glenn Montano were conducting police patrol operation when they saw the CSWs and apprehended them.
Meanwhile, the 12 CSWs arrested Tuesday at the Bacolod public plaza and at the junction of Araneta and Gatuslao streets have already been released after counseling.
Rosales said the women were not brought to the Bacolod City Health Office but they were told to have themselves examined for sexually transmitted diseases.
Senior Supt. Ricardo de la Paz, Bacolod City Police Office director, said they are intensifying their campaign against commercial sex workers, pimps and call boys, especially because the MassKara Festival is nearing.*RQB