Daily Star logoBusiness
Bacolod City, PhilippinesMonday, January 16, 2012
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Classified Ads
DOLE: WV places 2nd in
2011 job placements

Western Visayas ranked second among the regions of the country with the highest job placements in 2011, registering a total of 173, 782 jobseekers in the report submitted by the Bureau of Local Employment’s to Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz, a government press release said.

The report of the BLE on the Public Employment Service Offices’ accomplishments last year showed that Region 6 came after  Region IV-A, that registered the highest placement with 191,856.

Region 6 is followed by Region III, with 129,949; the NCR, 122,300; Region 12, 72,246; CARAGA, 68,241; Region 11, 59,606; Region VII, 57,548; CAR, 53,362; Region IV-B, 40,698; Region X, 40,252; Region I, 35,496; Region V, 22,246; Region 8, 18,634; Region 2, 12,348; and Region 9, 10,344.

BLE said the Department of Labor and Employment Regional Offices reported 1,108,908 job placements by the PESOs throughout 2011.

The report further showed that the number of PESO-placed jobseekers constitute 76 percent of the majority of 1,456,926 applicants referred for job placement for the one year period.

Baldoz said in a DOLE report that the 1,108,908 jobseekers placed during the year represent a 20.3 percent growth, or 225,595 more job placements, compared to the 883,313 jobseekers the PESO network placed in 2010.

Of the total number of workers placed, almost two-thirds or 62.05 percent, or 688,147 found jobs in the private sector and the other third or 37.94 percent, or 420,761 in the government sector, the press release said.

“The higher placement rate achieved last year reflects the high-level of confidence that employers from both the private and government sectors repose at the PESOs,” Baldoz said.

For 2012, Baldoz said DOLE’s aim is for the PESO network to facilitate the placement of 1.2 million jobseekers.

This which will be achieved through the provision of a combination of employment facilitation services that focus on poverty reduction and empowerment of the poor, and through the judicious use of the PESO budget, which amounts to only P20.009 million this year, the press release said.*


back to top

ButtonDOLE: WV places 2nd in 2011 job placements
ButtonTotal ban up on South Sudan work
ButtonNovember eyed to be buy, build Pinoy month