Daily Star logoTop Stories
Bacolod City, Philippines Monday, January 16, 2012
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Eguide
Events
Schedules
Obituaries
Congratulations
Classified Ads
Stenographer ordered
to file answer to raps

BY CHRYSEE SAMILLANO

A formal charge for neglect in the performance of duty had been recommended by the investigating committee be filed against a stenographic reporter of the Sangguniang Panlungsod of Bacolod based on the complaint by Sangguniang Secretary Nilo Alejandrino last year.

Alejandrino had filed an administrative complaint for dishonesty, falsification of official documents and gross neglect of duty before the Office of the Vice Mayor against Conchita Castillo, who allegedly altered the minutes of the May 25, 2011 session.

Vice Mayor-Disciplining Authority Jude Thaddeus Sayson had ordered Castillo to file her answer to the charges under oath within three days from receipt of his order, dated Dec. 13, 2011.

Alejandrino, said in his complaint-affidavit that he discovered during the SP 47th session, that Correspondence No. 011-612 was merely “accepted” by the chairman of the Committee on Laws, Ordinances and Good Government and that no resolution whatsoever was passed granting authority to the mayor to sign the subdivision agreement.

Correspondence No. 011-612 involves the request of the mayor for authority to sign the proposed agreement of subdivision between the City of Bacolod and Ceres Homeowners Association Inc.

In a memorandum, Alejandrino requiring Castilllo to explain in writing the circumstances.

Castillo submitted her reply to the memorandum July 15, 2011,stating that it was an “honest mistake.”

An Ad Hoc Committee created on July 20 to conduct a fact-finding investigation on the complaint affidavit by Castillo, found prima facie evidence of certain violations she committed, both administrative and criminal in nature, and recommended a formal notarized complaint filed against her before the Office of the Vice Mayor.

On October 28 an investigating committee composed of Councilors Dindo Ramos, Homer Bais and Roberto Rojas was created to investigate the complaint filed against Castillo.

The committee recommended that a formal charge for neglect in the performance of duty be filed against Castillo and said that the Disciplining Authority may preventively suspend her to preserve the records of the case and not influence the outcome of the investigation.*CGS

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
ButtonP404M road work for airport to start
ButtonCops nab bizman with guns, ‘shabu’
ButtonGunmen kill 2, injure one
ButtonMiraculous statue arrives in Negros
ButtonSinulog fest a success, Zayco says
ButtonCorona trial starts, mass set for him
ButtonTwo die in mishap
ButtonNo retrenchment in Kabankalan despite austerity, mayor says
ButtonStenographer ordered to file answer to raps