The robbers who robbed the Central Negros Electric Corporation of P3.6 million in cash, Friday may no longer be in Bacolod City and Negros Occidental, Bacolod City Police Special Operations Group head, Supt. Santiago Rapiz, said.
Rapiz said it is possible that the suspects have already left the province since they know that the police have already identified them.
He added that the two men on a motorcycle intercepted in the Jaro District in Iloilo City Tuesday with P316,000 in cash who were reportedly armed with a .9 MM pistol and an Ingram, were not members of the group, who robbed CENECO as reported (not in the DAILY STAR).
Rapiz said the two are employed as contractors of sugarcane workers and the money they were carrying was for their payroll. He also said the firearms seized have licenses.
On Monday, the pictures of seven out of the 12 suspects as captured by closed circuit television cameras of the place they had been renting since February 27, were released by the police.
Two of them were identified as Reynaldo Bacolod “alias Toto,” and “Jay Mira” of Las Piñas City, and Joseph Calarmo, who, the police said, are members of Kuratong Baleleng Gang and Parohinog robbery group.
Investigation of the case showed that two of the suspects disarmed security guard Jaypee Jubay and asked cash clerk Ronilo Edem, and not Sharon Canoy as earlier reported, where the vault is, took the money, and left with their companions.
The Bacolod Police is readying charges of robbery-in-band against the suspects.*APN