The 302nd Infantry Brigade and the 11th Infantry Battalion, both based in Negros Oriental, said yesterday that they have been directed to recall all mission orders issued to civilians, effective last month.
The separate statements of Col. Francisco Patrimonio, commander of the 302nd Brigade, and Lt. Col. Wilfredo Isaac, of the 11th IB, came after the arrest of three suspects in Barangay Looc, Sibulan town, who were charged yesterday for illegal possession of firearms and ammunitions.
Bacong town councilor Jason Laure, 35; and his two alleged workers, identified as Christopher Palalon, 37, married, of Zamboanguita town; and Renato Belocora, 25, single, of Barangay Nangka, in Bayawan City, were arrested Tuesday, in Looc, Sibulan, following a call for police assistance in an indiscriminate firing incident.
Laure, who claimed ownership of two high-powered firearms and several rounds of live ammunition, presented to responding policemen, two mission orders dated February 1, 2012, issued in his name and signed by 1Lt. Chino Cornelio, battalion intelligence officer of the 11th IB of the Philippine Army, based in McKinley, Guihulngan City.
Isaac confirmed that Cornelio is indeed presently assigned to the battalion, but stressed he is not aware of any MOs issued upon his assumption to the post on February 24.
Patrimonio, meanwhile, said the issuance of MOs was a practice that had been ordered stopped.
He said the two MOs issued to Laure could be among those that had not been recalled yet.*JFP
back to top