nabbed in hospital
BY GILBERT BAYORAN
An alleged member of a notorious robbery-hold-up group in northern Negros, who has pending arrest warrants for robbery with homicide, frustrated homicide and abduction, was arrested at the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital in Bacolod City Thursday.
Supt. Rosauro Francisco, Silay police chief, yesterday said the suspect, identified as Nestor Valentino,44, was about to be discharged from the hospital after his injuries were treated when he was arrested by the Silay police, in coordination with the Bacolod Police Station 2 operatives.
Francisco said Valentino was positively identified by Noel Espada, an overseer of Hacienda San Diego, as among the suspects who robbed him at his residence on July 9 last year, while his daughter, Jinky Mary, tagged him to be among her abductors.
13th month, cash gifts
BY ADRIAN NEMES III
Several weeks after he was tagged as the triggerman of hotelier Johnny Chua, the family of suspected gun-for-hire Pic Raymond Longno broke their silence and claimed that he was innocent.
Edgardo Hiponia, Longno’s uncle, told ABS-CBN that he did not leave home and had drinks with his neighbors on October 20, the day Chua was shot by a lone gunman at the junction of JV and Burgos Streets.
Hiponia said Longno and their other relatives were listening to the radio when the killing of Chua was reported. He added that Longno even told them that he was anticipating that the police would tag him as the suspect.
Sum-ag road work done
by Dec. 16, DPWH assures
BY ADRIAN NEMES III
Bacolod City District Engineer Reynaldo Venturina of the Department of Public Works and Highways yesterday assured that the Sum-ag road will be completed on December 16 this year.
During a meeting at the Bacolod City Government Center attended by Vice Mayor Jude Thaddeus Sayson, Traffic Management Unit head Chief Insp. Luisito Acebuche and City Police Director Senior Supt. Ricardo De la Paz, Venturina said the repair of the road was temporarily stopped because of the bad weather.
Last week Sayson had asked the DPWH Central Office to pressure the contractor of the P320 million project that includes the construction of three bridges, to fast-track the road rehabilitation project in Brgy. Sum-ag.