| Slay suspect yields
A murder suspect gave himself up to operatives of the Regional Intelligence Unit-6 Saturday morning after eluding arrest for a year, the police said yesterday.
Police identified the surrenderee as Kent Torre, “alias Tata”, 25, of Brgy. Tampalon, Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental.
Police Officer 2 Jerome Javier of RIU-6 said Torre has a pending arrest warrant issued by Regional Trial Court Branch 54 Judge Demosthenes Magallanes for allegedly stabbing to death Juanito Rosareal of Brgy. Singcang-Airport, at Araneta Street, Bacolod in 2007.
Javier said Torre, who had been staying in his hometown, called one of their operatives in Bacolod earlier on Saturday morning informing them about his plans to surrender.
With Senior Police Officer 2 Greg Calidguid of the Bacolod City Police Office, RIU operatives immediately went to Edsaville, Brgy. Binicuil, Kabankalan to get Torre, Javier added.
Torre is now detained at the lock-up cell of Station 6 for safekeeping and will be presented to court today.
Meanwhile, Senior Police Officer 4 Gilbert Linda, chief of the BCPO Warrant and Subpoena Section, reported the arrest of Joel Plecha at Rizal-Gatuslao streets, Bacolod, at about 3 p.m. yesterday.
Linda said Plecha has an arrest warrant for theft issued by Municipal Trial Court in Cities Branch 1 Judge Jose Paolo Ariola.*APN.
back
to top
4 robbers apprehended
Station 3 policemen arrested four suspected robbers, three of them minors, in a follow-up operation in Bacolod City at about 1:20 a.m. Saturday, a police report showed yesterday.
Arrested were Rolando Permano, 19, and his three minor companions aged 14 and 17 years, whose names are being withheld by the DAILY STAR, of Purok Kasagingan, Barangay Banago, Bacolod.
Their other companion, whose name is also being withheld pending further investigation, was able to evade arrest.
Earlier on Saturday, Rex Barredo of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental and Gayyt Tusan of Talisay City, in the province reported that unidentified suspects robbed them in Purok Riverside, Brgy Banago and took a backpack.
After their arrest, the team composed by Senior Police Officer 1 Manuel Olis, PO2 Johnny Lumangyao and PO1 Marlon Famucol, with Police Officers 3 Reno Recuelo and Ruel Cordero of the 603rd Maritime Command, recovered the backpack containing assorted clothes from one of the suspects.
Also seized were 11-inch and 12-inch bladed weapons, an Indian arrow, and a 12-guage homemade shotgun, or sumpak, police records showed.
Joenel Desriza, 22, of Purok Mahimulaton, Banago, also claimed that the group was responsible for shooting him at about 11:30 p.m. Friday.
Desriza said that he was celebrating his birthday and was having a drinking spree at their residence with his friends when the group of Permano passed by, and they heard a gunshot.
Minutes later, Desriza said he discovered that he has a gunshot wound on his left knee.
Meanwhile, at least seven victims of robbery and snatching in Bacolod City identified Joseph Apuhin, 25, of Brgy. Montevista, Bacolod and his 17-year-old companion, whose name is being withheld by the DAILY STAR of Brgy. Vista Alegre, as those who robbed them.
Apuhin and his companion were arrested Friday morning by Station 4 policeman, a day after they robbed Roy Garcilliano, not Gargallano, as earlier reported, at C.L. Montelibano Extension, Brgy. Villamonte at noon Thursday.*APN
back
to top
Gang ‘leader’ arrested
IN SAN CARLOS
Policemen apprehended an alleged notorious leader of Black Gangstah gang who has two pending arrest warrants, at Fatima Village in Brgy. Rizal, San Carlos City, Negros Occidental, Saturday.
Supt. Harold Tuzon, San Carlos police chief, yesterday identified the arrested suspect facing attempted homicide and slight physical injuries charges as Ruben Subteniente,22.
Police records show that Subteniente recently took over the leadership of Black Gangstah gang from Barry Pescante, who was arrested last month for illegal possession of firearms, and is now locked up in jail.
Tuzon said they have recovered at least 26 homemade guns from members of rival groups of CRIPS and Black Gangstah in San Carlos, as a result of their series of saturation drives, since last year.
However, majority of the members of the two rival gangs who were arrested, are minors, police records also showed.
John Mark Maantus, a leader of the CRIPS, is also locked up in jail, after he was arrested two months ago in San Carlos, for illegal possession of firearms, Tuzon said.
Judge Ma. Rita Sarabia who issued the arrest for attempted homicide against Subteniente, has a recommended a bail of P12,000 for his release, while Judge Peter Parco also recommended a bail of P2,000 for slight physical injuries charges.
Since October this year, Tuzon said they have not monitored any violent incidents involving the rival gangs, after the arrest of their respective leaders.*GPB
back
to top 
|