sitemap DAILY STAR: Top Stories
Daily Star logoTop Stories
Bacolod City, Philippines Monday, December 21, 2009
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Murcia brgy head out on bail
BY ADRIAN NEMES III

Brgy. Pandanon Silos, Murcia, Captain Leandro dela Torre, who was charged for the death of a social worker a year ago, was released from the Negros Occidental Provincial Jail Friday after posting P70,000 surety bond, Provincial Jail Warden Insp. Dionesio Silva confirmed yesterday.

Dela Torre was tagged as the suspect in the shooting of Mary Ann Marañon on October 2007 in Brgy. Pandanon Silos.

Silva said Dela Torre was released at about 5 p.m. by virtue of a release order from the court.

Dela Torre had denied the accusations against him, and said he, with several others, just happened to be passing by when the shooting took place, a night before the Oct. 29 barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections.

Dela Torre was also charged by Task Force Ilahas on April last year after the alleged recovery of about 628 board feet of regulated species of narra from his back yard.*APN

 

 

 

back to top

Google
 
Web www.visayandailystar.com
Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
ButtonAquinos not intimidated by machinery of palace
ButtonDemolition job aimed at us – Mar
ButtonP3M fire hits school
ButtonEx-convict shot dead in Taculing
ButtonClimate meet disappointing, Marañon says
ButtonChristmas is about love, children sing
ButtonAFP recommending six-day ceasefire
ButtonAnswer Gilbor complaint, Ombudsman tells officials
ButtonMurcia brgy head out on bail