sitemap DAILY STAR: Top Stories
Daily Star logoTop Stories
Bacolod City, Philippines Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Cop faces admin
raps for assault
BY ADRIAN NEMES III

The Bacolod City Police will file administrative charges this week against Police Officer 1 Richard Suarez for allegedly assaulting his colleagues Monday, City Police Officer-in-charge Senior Supt. Celestino Guara said yesterday.

Guara said that the administrative charges will be filed either at the office of the National Police Commission office in Camp Alfredo Montelibano Sr. in Brgy. Estefania, Bacolod , or before the office of the Police Internal Affairs Service.

Suarez, of Carmela Valley Subdivision, Talisay City and assigned at the E.B. Magalona town Police was arrested by Station 1 policemen at about 6 a.m. Monday on complaints of Kristelle Sa-onoy, 28, and Ian Oliveros, 17, both of Bangga Caminganwan, Estefania.

The two claimed that Suarez, who was allegedly under the influence of liquor entered the Vicent Store at Burgos-Lacson streets, displayed his gun and threatened the customers, and made indecent motions.

Police Station 1 organic members Police Officers 1 Dax Santillan and Nelgin Bermejo also complained that Suarez assaulted them when they tried to subdue him.

Charges for illegal possession of firearms was also filed against Suarez yesterday before the City Prosecutors Office as he failed to show the license of the gun confiscated from him during his arrest, BCPO Investigation and Detective Management Section Crime against Persons desk Assistant head Senior Police Officer 1 Vicente Canuday said.

NOPPO Investigation Branch head Insp. Robert Dejucos said that if Suarez posts bail, he will be directed to report to the EB Magalona police immediately.

Dejucos also said that Suarez might be detailed to NOPPO while the cases against him are ongoing. He added that the policeman had bad records in his previous units.

“When he was with the Regional Mobile Group, a balot vendor complained that he and his companions ate the balot without paying and also mauled the vendor. He was also accused of robbery in Bacolod last year though the cases had been dismissed”, Dejucos said.

Dejucos also said that they will check the seriousness of Suarez's offense under the NAPOLCOM memo circular 2007-001 on administrative and bridge of internal discipline so he can be meted the appropriate penalties.*APN

 

 

 

 

back to top

Google
 
Web www.visayandailystar.com
Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
Button Disqualification sought for Coscolluela couple
Button Wider AFP role in polls opposed
Button Registration for elections remains slow
Button P1.1B city budget tackled
Button 4 piglets bring Christmas cheer
Button Fire prone areas tagged
Button Cop faces admin raps for assault
Button NPA atrocities decline