|
Dr. Domingo Vega will reassume his post as head of the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital in Bacolod City this morning.
In July 2007 the DOH had temporarily transferred Vega, Dr. Benito Bionat – chief of the Medical Professional Staff and Rey Melchor Bryan Baylon – chief administrative officer of the CLMMRH to Cebu while the cases filed against them were being heard.
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III, acting on a Nov. 26 order of Bacolod Regional Trial Court Judge Demosthenes Magallanes, reinstated Bionat to his post in December.
In November, Duque had also ordered the dismissal of Baylon for allegedly tampering with his daily time record. Baylon, who has denied the charges against him, filed an appeal against what he called his illegal dismissal that violates the Magna Carta of Public Health Workers.
Dr. David Lozada, DOH assistant secretary, yesterday said Duque has ordered the reinstatement of Vega because Civil Service Commission rules set a time limit to one’s transfer out of one’s official post to only one year.
However, even with Vega’s reinstatement, the unresolved complaints filed against him will continue to be acted on, Lozada said.
DOH Regional Director Ariel Valencia said Vega will take over this morning the management of the CLMMRH from Dr. Epifania Simbul who had been temporarily detailed to the post.
Baylon had earlier filed a complaint against Vega for gross neglect of duty, dishonesty, falsification of official documents and grave misconduct before the Department of Health.
He also filed before the Office of the Ombudsman a complaint for malversation of public funds, falsification of public documents and violations of the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act against Vega.
Vega has denied all of the accusations of Baylon.*CPG
back
to top
|