SP hears Paglaum brgy bid
A public hearing on the provisions of City Ordinance 37, Series of 1987 involving the Pag-laum Village and to find out why a plebiscite had not been implemented, was conducted yesterday by the Committee on Laws, Ordinances and Good Government at the Bacolod City Government Center.
Councilor Caesar Distrito, committee chairman, presided over the public hearing on the petition of the Paglaum Village residents for a plebiscite and for the appropriation of funds to implement the long enacted City Ordinance that creates it as a separate barangay, a press release from his office said.
Councilor Mona Dia Jardin said the public hearing was not conducted for the creation of the barangay but on the validity of the ordinance.
Ma. Theresa Depra of the Department of Interior and Local Government and Councilor El Cid Familiaran said the requirements set by the Local Government Code of 1991 for the creation of a barangay should be followed.
Ragem Ymballa, legal counsel of the petitioners from Paglaum Village, said their petition was just to comply the provisions of C.O. 37.
Distrito said all laws can be repealed if they are not in consonance with the Local Government Code. They should endorse the matter to the City Legal Office, he said.
Bacolod COMELEC Registrar Mavil Majarucon said that, based on their records, the 15,499 registered voters from Brgy. Mansilingan as of January 2012, about 3,055 are from Paglaum Village.
Distrito and Jardin suggested another hearing for more clarification on the issue.*CGS
back to top
SP secretary fails to submit
position paper of dad’s case
Bacolod Sanggunian Secretary Nilo Alejandrino failed to submit his position paper on the administrative case filed against him by Councilor Caesar Distrito before the Office of Vice Mayor Jude Thaddeus Sayson after the February 10 deadline.
Distrito had filed an administrative complaint against Alejandrino last month for alleged grave misconduct, abuse of authority, conduct unbecoming, and unprofessional conduct, before the Office of the Vice Mayor, involving a chair-throwing incident at the Sangguniang Panlungsod Office.
The investigating committee composed of Councilors Homer Bais and Roberto Rojas had earlier denied the motion for reconsideration of Alejandrino to the order asking him to submit his position paper and, instead, gave him two more days, aside from the five days given for both parties to submit their position paper.
The period lapsed on February 10, 2012 and only Distrito filed his position paper.
Both parties were supposed to submit their position papers within five days upon receipt of their respective comments. However because of the failure of Alejandrino to submit his position paper, the committee deemed this as a waiver on his part.
The investigating committee, after conducting a pre-hearing conference on January 10, 2012, and after resolving Alejandrino's motion to resolve affirmative defense, issued an order asking both parties to submit their position papers which they said is enough and sufficient in the conduct of administrative hearings.
A full-blown trial type proceeding is not required and it depends on the committee what they will do as prescribed by the Uniform Rules in Admin Cases In the Civil Service (URACCS).
Alejandrino could not be reached for his comment yesterday.*CGS.
back to top
Unidentified men ransacked an eatery in the compound of the Boy’s Scout of the Philippines at Lacson Street, Bacolod City, and took kitchen utensils and other items valued at P66,000 on Wednesday.
Eliso Dayana, 59, of Tindalo Extension in Brgy. Villamonte, Bacolod, and owner of the “Batchoyan at Iba Pa Eatery”, told the police that his employee, Mary Jane Anahaw, discovered the incident at about 7 a.m. when she opened the eatery.
Dayana claimed that, among the items stolen were a pressure cooker valued at P6,000; an electric fan worth P3,800; a mini-vault register valued at P12,000; and a rice cooker worth P3,200.
Dayana added that the robbers also allegedly took a computer printer valued at P4,800; two voltage regulators worth P11,700 in all; a bag of groceries valued at P5,000; kitchen utensils worth P16,000; three cooking pots priced at P4,000; and some important documents.
Investigation conducted by Police Officer 1 Leomel Guinanao showed that the suspects destroyed the padlocks of the main door to gain entry.
He also the robbery must have happened at about 6:30 a.m. on Wednesday. Fingerprints have been lifted from the crime scene to help identify the suspects, Guinanao added.*APN
back to top