A compliant was lodged yesterday before the Commission on Human Rights for the alleged abduction of three southern Negros Occidental residents linked to the killing of Judge Henry Arles.
The three were allegedly taken by National Bureau of Investigation agents on June 23 and brought to Manila and have not been seen since, the complainant, whose name was withheld, said.
The three were identified by the complainant as her uncle Jessie Daguia, Alejandro Capunong and Eddie Fortunado.
The complainant said Daguia called a relative and said that they were being held by the NBI but their cellular phones had been taken from them. He said he was able to call only because another detainee at the NBI headquarters lent him his cellular phone, the complainant said.
The complainant is asking the CHR to provide protection for the three.
They are alleged members of the Revolutionary Proletarian Army-Alex Boncayao Brigade.
Ferdinand Lavin, National Bureau of Investigation Bacolod chief, could not be reached for comment as of press time.
Arles was driving home when he was assassinated in Ilog town on April 24.
His borther in-law, Frank Britanico, yesterday said their family was not aware of the complaint lodged before the CHR, but he is sure that the NBI would not do anything that was against the law.*CPG