At least 10 witnesses have already have filed their affidavits of complaints against the men who robbed the Central Negros Electric Cooperative of P3.6 million two weeks ago, City Police Director Senior Supt. Ricardo de la Paz said yesterday.
De la Paz said the affidavits of the witnesses, whose names he withheld, will be used as evidences against the suspects when they file the case of robbery-in-band on Friday.
The charges will be filed against Gerlado Saniel “alias Gagang” and Roel Remedios, “alias Yoyong” both of Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Richard Dagoman “alias Tangkad” of Tambulig, also in Zamboanga del Sur, Ruel Alvarez of Tangub City, Misamis Occidental, Reynaldo Bacolod “alias Toto” of Las Piñas City, and Joseph Calarmo of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte and six other unidentified men.
De la Paz said that they will just file a supplemental affidavit if the other suspects are identified after they have filed the case. He said they have sufficient evidences against the robbers, who, he said, are still in Bacolod and Negros Occidental.
Central Negros Electric Cooperative president Arnel Lapore said that the firm is offering a P300,000 reward to anyone who can provide information on the whereabouts of the robbers, and this was approved by their board of directors.
De la Paz said that, after the announcement of the cash reward, no one has so far called any police station to provide information on the whereabouts of the suspects.
He said, however, that the days of the suspects are already numbered especially with the cash reward offered by CENECO.*APN