Barber facing charges
for stabbing friend dead
Charges for homicide will be filed before the Bacolod City Prosecutor’s Office against a barber who stabbed his friend dead in Brgy. Singcang-Airport on Saturday.
The charges will be filed against Carde Bales, 33, of NHA Village in Brgy. Pahanocoy, Station 8 chief, Senior Insp. Jerick Filosofo said yesterday.
Filosofo said they are consolidating the documents required like the autopsy report and the death certificate of the victim, Julius Ginete, 33, of Greenplains Subdivision in Brgy. Tangub, Bacolod so they could file the case.
Investigation conducted by Police Officer 1 Robert Gaurana showed that Ginete was having drinks in front of a store in Purok Mars when the suspect arrived and stabbed him over a misunderstanding.
Bales apologized to the family of Ginete saying that he did not intend to kill the victim, who, he said, was his close friend and regular customer at his barber shop.
Meanwhile, murder charges will also be filed before the Bacolod City Prosecutor’s Office against two brothers who ganged up on and fatally stabbed a trisikad driver in Brgy. Mansilingan, Bacolod City, Saturday.
Station 7 commander, Chief Insp. Levy Pangue said will the charges will be filed against Carlito, 32, and his brother Roland Alegre, 20, both of Purok Paglaum in Brgy. Mansilingan.
The elder Alegre claimed that they got mad at the victim, Ernie Odanggo, 30, who was their neighbor, after he allegedly ran amuck and threw stones at their house, for unknown reasons.*APN
An alleged notorious robber tagged as the fifth most-wanted in Bacolod City was arrested by the police at about 5:55 a.m. Monday at 6th Street in the city by Station 2 policemen.
The suspect was identified as Lucivar Pimentel, “alias Tsog”, 23, of Purok Pugad Baboy in Brgy. Villamonte, Bacolod by Police Officer 2 Felipe Moncatar of the Bacolod City Police Warrant and Subpoena Section.
Moncatar said Pimentel was arrested on the complaints of a concerned citizen for allegedly creating alarm and scandal at 6th Street.
He said the suspect introduced himself as Alvin Montaño”, but during interrogation, they learned that he was using a fictitious name and that his real identity is “Lucivar Pimentel”.
Further investigation showed that Pimentel has an arrest warrant issued by Regional Trial Court Branch 45 Judge Eliseo Geolingo, who set his bail at P100,000.
Police records showed Pimentel and his unidentified companion robbed a residence in Purok Banaue, Villamonte and hit the head of the caretaker with a hammer in April last year.
Case investigator Police Officer 2 Ronald Villeran identified the victim as Graciano Sapilanas, of Oringao, Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental.
Investigation showed that Pimentel and his companion took a flat screen TV worth P20,000 and the central processing unit of the computer.
In Manapla town, Negros Occidental, policemen also arrested a man wanted for theft at about 8:30 a.m. Sunday in Brgy. Santa Teresa.
Police identified the one arrested as Arnel Alvarez, 27, of Hacienda Remedios in Brgy. Santa Teresa.
Alvarez was apprehended on the strength of an arrest warrant issued by Regional Trial Court branch 40 of Silay City Judge Dyna Doll Chiongson-Trocio, who set his bail at P20,000.*APN
Rep. Neri Javier Colmenares of Bayan Muna, yesterday confirmed the Human Rights Watch report that human rights violations continue under the Aquino government.
He called the military’s assertion that it has actively investigated soldiers involved in extra judicial killings of activists a lie as exemplified by the AFP’s refusal to act in the killing of Bayan Muna member Benjamin Bayles in Negros Occidental, a press release from Bayan said.
Human rights violations, including extra judicial killings continue. The claim of the AFP that they are investigating criminal acts of their troops is a lie, and he can personally attest to that Colmenares said.
Two members of the army have been detained and accused of killing activist Benjamin Bayles, and Colmenares said he asked Defense Secretary Voltair Gazmin to answer the summons of the court asking the military to testify whether indeed the two accused, Pfc Rafael Cordova and Pfc. Roger Bayhon are Army members, the press release said.
Two years after the killing, Gazmin and his subordinate Col. Bayhon, have refused to respect the subpoena of the Regional Trial Court and explain the involvement of their men in the killing of Bayles, the solon said in the press release.
Bayles was killed in June 2010 in a public plaza and, unlike the other extra judicial killings, the motorcycle riding men were arrested by the police right after the shooting, Colmenares said.
The AFP was later forced to admit that the two are members of the Army when he interpellated Sec. Gazmin during the deliberation of the Defense budget in Congress. This is a major breakthrough, the press release added.*