Agent-in-charge Ferdinand Lavin of the National Bureau of Investigation-Bacolod yesterday said that forensic experts from their Manila office arrived Monday and have started their parallel probe on the killing of hotelier Johnny Chua.
Lavin said the forensic experts will examine the trajectory of the bullets that hit the black Isuzu Alterra vehicle that Chua was riding when he was fatally shot on October 20 at JV-Burgos Streets, Bacolod.
He also said that, with regards to the reward of half a million pesos being offered by the family of Chua for information on his killing, it could help a lot to assure the swift resolution of the case.
However, all the information that the Bacolod City police and the NBI will receive from informants will be scrutinized to make sure that they are accurate.
The family of Pic Raymond Longno, tagged as the gunman of Chua, and who was also shot by two bonnet-wearing men at Malaspina Street, Brgy. Villamonte the next day, October 21, sought the help of the NBI to investigate if he was, indeed, involved in the hotelier’s killing.
On Friday last week Longno’s uncle, Edgardo Hiponia said that he was innocent of the crime because he was at his house at Malaspina Street when Chua was killed and the paraffin test conducted on his nephew showed him negative for gunpowder nitrates.
Bacolod City Police Director Senior Supt. Ricardo de la Paz, however, said their investigation is leading to Longno as the possible gunman.*APN